Site Rental* - $0 to $4000
- Exclusive use of the property (lodge and farmhouse and 6.5 acres) and all amenities (with all rooms booked for two nights)
- 24/7 attention from Anne & Bill and lodge staff to coordinate all event arrangements and guests needs
- Wedding consultation: planning and execution of your event, contingency planning, itinerary consultation, help with invites, room bookings, and communicating with your destination guests
- Full-service catering and bartending and all staffing
- Arrival refreshments, marshmallow roast (s’mores) at campfire, hike to waterfalls, farm animal feedings
Rehearsal Dinner - $20-$35 per personWe'll help you design a meal customized to your particular tastes. In summer and fall, a cookout or some other informal meal is popular at Mountain Meadows. Cost will vary depending on the number of people and the theme chosen. A typical rehearsal dinner (ribs and chicken BBQ!) is ~$26.00 per person. (An 20% service charge is customarily added, and VT taxes apply.)
Reception - $35-$65 per personWe'll help you design a meal customized to your particular tastes. A cocktail hour with appetizers, followed by a family-style meal are popular at Mountain Meadows. Cost will vary depending on the menu chosen. An average reception dinner is about $50 per person. A typical meal includes a variety of appetizers, two or three entrees, vegetable, potatoes/starch, salad and bread/rolls and wedding cake for dessert. (An 20% service charge is customarily added and VT state tax applies.)
Wedding Cake / DessertOne option is to have Mountain Meadows Lodge do your cake and/or dessert. We make wedding cakes, pies, cheesecakes, cupcakes, and a whole host of other desserts. Generally desserts here are $4.25 per person. Here's a link to our list of cakes made here. OR... We can help you pick a wedding cake supplier and make the delivery arrangements for you. We'll store it, cut it, serve it and pack up any extra for you to take home.
Bar ServiceBar charges are based on consumption. We will work with you to determine the type of bar arrangement you would like to offer for your guests’ responsible enjoyment. We'll help you plan any arrangement that fits your needs:
- "open bar" [where you pay]
- "open bar" for beer and wine; cash bar for liquor [very popular]
- "open bar" with a time limitation then convert to "cash bar"
- wine during dinner
- "open bar" with a certain budgeted amount or time frame, then convert to cash bar
- Liquor: $8.50-$10.00 and up; cordials and brandies – various prices
- Wine: $8 - $10 per glass of wine (depends on the wine chosen)
- Beer: most for $6
- Soft drinks, lemonade, ice-teas – $2.50 and up
- One Hope Chardonnay, funds clinical trials for women with breast cancer (1 woman for every 4 cases sold)
- Trinity Oaks Pinot Grigio – Environment: For every bottle sold they plant a tree
- One Hope Sauvignon Blanc – Environment: partnering with American Forests, every bottle sold plants a tree
- Handcraft Winery Malbec – Supporting breast cancer research, prevention, and awareness programs
- One Hope Merlot – Provides medicine to underprivileged children for disease prevention
- Soul Sister Pinot Noir, and California 37 Cabernet Sauvignon -- From Save Me, San Francisco Wine Co. Together with winemaker James Foster & the band Train they donate the proceeds from the sales to support the Family House, a non-profit that provides temporary housing to families of sick children
- We also keep in-house a fine Shiraz, a Reisling, and a White Zinfandel
LodgingFor guests the room rate is $160.00 (some exceptions) for all rooms at Mountain Meadows Lodge (and at the Greenbrier in most cases), plus tax. The price is based on double occupancy - no charge for kids 12 & under and includes an extensive breakfast buffet. For "high-season" events, all rooms must be rented at Mountain Meadows (but not at the Greenbrier) for Friday & Saturday for this rate to apply. This discounted rate is available for guests arriving earlier than Friday and staying Sunday and beyond. For most destination weddings, guests expect to pay for their own rooms.
Rental of EquipmentPass-through charges with a 6.5% mark-up apply for rental equipment that Mountain Meadows rents from various Vermont companies. MML staff will make all the necessary arrangements for your tent, delivery and set-up, tables/chairs, linens, dinnerware, etc.; sample prices are below based on recent pricing schedules of the suppliers.
|Dance Floor 18’ x 18’||$720.00|
|Tent 40’ x 60’||$1,752.00|
|Tables||$9.00 - $13.00 each|
|Chairs (white resin padded)||$4.00 each|
|Setting (china, flatware, glassware)||~$6.20 per person|
|Linens (napkins and tablecloths)||$20-35/table|
ExtrasLunches and breakfasts for non-lodge guests: ~$11.00-$11.95 per person (plus tax).
Weddings on a budget
Here are some ideas on how to keep costs down for your event at Mountain Meadows Lodge.
We're happy to help you strategize on how you might be able to do some trimming in some areas if you're "on a budget".
If you need some additional ideas, please feel free to contact us. If you'd like us to email a quote, use this form.
Off season ratesBook your wedding before Memorial Day or after Columbus Day. This will reduce the site fee.
Control your guest listConsider having your reception indoors rather than on the lawn under a tent. For indoor events at Mountain Meadows Lodge, keep your guest list under 70 for a sit-down affair; or under 100 for a cocktail-style reception.
Food ServicePlan cost-conscious meals with Bill. A Friday night cookout can be hamburgers and hot-dogs rather than steak and shrimp! For a real informal feel you can consider disposable cups, dishes, flatware rather than formal china.
- Consult with Mountain Meadows Lodge staff and see how offering keg beer can save money
- Consider offering open bar for beer and wine rather than a full open bar
- Consider offering open bar for a limited time period, say during the cocktail hour and dinner
- Be creative. Be inventive. Some wedding groups have made (yes, made!) tablecloths for the wedding reception [and then donated these items to camps or some other worthy charitable organization.]
- Consider bringing all your decoration supplies (center-pieces, flower arrangements) to Mountain Meadows and assembling them here with your friends and family
- Many wedding groups build their own personalized arbor or chuppah