The Perfect Vermont Country Wedding
Exclusive use of our beautiful lakeside wedding venue
We hope that you'll consider a destination event at this remarkable facility. Mountain Meadows Lodge has been hosting country weddings for over 30 years - we have an ideal setting for your family and friends to join with you in a truly memorable celebration. The beauty of this lakeside setting, the variety of onsite activities, our responsive staff and excellent food will all add to the experience of coming together as a group and celebrating your momentous occasion.
"...the necessary ingredients for a wedding day that stops time..."
The couples that come to Mountain Meadows for weddings are looking for the following features:
• exclusive use of the property for an extended time
• casual atmosphere
• on-site lodging
• menu flexibility
• scenic beauty
• family-friendly atmosphere
We'd love to hear your ideas! Please feel free to visit or call and share your plans with us. We'd also be happy to show you around... and if you would like to plan an overnight visit we're happy to extend half-price lodging! We'd be happy to discuss how we can customize your event to your particular needs and tastes. Please send us an email or use the contact form
Below is an overall listing of amenities that we offer as part of a typical destination wedding event.
Site Rental (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday *)
- Exclusive use of the property (lodge and farmhouse and 6.5 acres) for all activities; amenities include hot-tub, sauna, game room, lake swimming, fishing, kayaking, boating, volleyball, badminton, horseshoes, hiking, cross-country skiing and other winter sports, numerous sit-and-visit areas including fireplace room, great room, music room, TV room, free-roaming gentle farm animals, children’s activities
- 24/7 attention from Anne & Bill and lodge staff to coordinate all event arrangements and guests needs
- Wedding consultation, planning and execution of your event, contingency planning, itinerary consultation, help with invites, room bookings, and communicating with your destination guests
- Assistance with florists, musicians, photographers, officiators if needed as well as coordination with local vendors for other purchases or bookings
- Coordination of rental equipment if needed: tent, linen, dinnerware, lighting
- Receipt, storage and cutting of wedding cake
- Receipt, storage and distribution of flowers
- Full-service on-site catering
- Bartending with “row-boat” bar
- Fruit and cheese platter upon arrival and refreshments throughout the event in the dining room
- Marshmallow roast (s’mores) and campfire at the lake with luminaries and torches
- Hike (walk) to waterfalls
- Farm animal feedings
- Use of lodge sports equipment (kayaks, canoe, snow-shoes, sleds, lawn games, and the like)
*hourly and daily rentals for functions, other durations and weekday bookings are also available; call for details.
Rehearsal Dinner/Welcome Dinner ideas
- BBQ chicken, ribs, sausage or a combination
- Hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill with all the fixin's
- Roast your own hotdog on a stick at the campfire
- Pasta bar (a variety of pastas, meats, sauces and toppings; guests build their own pasta dinner)
- Build your own salad
- Mexican (make your own tacos, quesadillas, etc.)
- Picnic on the grounds
- Homemade pizza or make-your-own-pizza or pizza pick-up/delivery
- Catered meal
Reception Dinner ideas
- Stationary appetizers (example: our signature fruit-and-cheese board)
- Pass-around appetizers
- Green Salad(s)
- Breads and butter
- Wedding cake cutting with coffee & tea
We will work with you to determine the type of bar arrangement you would like to offer for your guests’ responsible enjoyment. We have a full bar service for inside and outside events. Some ideas, and a list of wines and beers are on the pricing page
- 17 rooms at Mountain Meadows; 21 rooms at The GreenBrier Inn (short distance away)
- Accommodations for about 120 overnight guests (Mountain Meadows plus Greenbrier) and we'll help with arrangements at neighboring inns for "overflow guests"
- In most cases, the Fireplace Suite with jacuzzi hot-tub is complementary to the newly married couple on their wedding night.
- Uniform room rate for all rooms; rates include breakfast with extensive breakfast buffet
Rental of Equipment
Your tent, tables, chairs, dance floor, linens, china, etc. will be arranged for and rented from various Vermont companies by Mountain Meadows Lodge. Anne and Bill will make all the necessary arrangements for your event.
All the other details
Everything you need is nearby: marriage license, officiant, photographers, florists, hair and make-up, favors, baby-sitting, music, wedding cake, shuttle services, churches, etc.
Destination Wedding in Vermont
A wedding in Vermont is unlike any other wedding in the world. Walking down the street in even the larger cities makes you feel like you are stepping back in time. In addition to antique stores, community-owned restaurants and shops offering locally produced arts and crafts, you can easily find everything you need for a wedding. Whether you plan the big event well in advance or arrange with not much time to spare, the state has everything you need.
Planning in advance gives you the option of saving money on your wedding. Some of the top venues in the state, including Mountain Meadows Lodge, have wedding packages available. Not only do you get a venue, but you also get the care and attention of the on-site staff. The staff coordinates rooms for your guests, ensures that every detail is taken care of and arranges for florists, delivery of wedding items and even the food.
The best destination wedding packages should include food. You might want finger sandwiches and small appetizers or choose a sit-down dinner with multiple courses. Most Vermont venues offer on-site catering. If you live outside of the state, arrive at the venue a few days before your wedding and work with the caterers, picking the right foods for your event. Mountain Meadows Lodge even offers a marshmallow roast for you and your guests.
Depending on when you and your guests arrive, you might opt for a rehearsal dinner. A rehearsal dinner occurs the night before the wedding, directly after your rehearsal. During the rehearsal itself, you learn where everyone stands and what happens during the ceremony. A lighter rehearsal dinner lets your wedding party relax before the ceremony. Opt for a picnic on the grounds, a down-home barbeque, or even a clambake on the beach.
Vermont has gorgeous views of the surrounding mountains. Use those views to your advantage by hosting your ceremony outside, weather permitting. Most locations include a back-up plan, moving the ceremony inside in case of rain or snow. The image of you and your spouse against the mountain backdrop is both moving and breathtaking.
If you love skiing and snow-related activities, plan your wedding during the winter months. Treat your guests to outdoor sports including skiing, snowboarding and snowmobiling. You can even ski down the aisle instead of walking or arrive at the ceremony in a horse-drawn carriage. For the best options, Groupon deals is your one-stop location for deals on destination weddings. Book your wedding venue, plane tickets and more by using the great coupons and discounts available to shoppers. Make your guests excited about traveling to Vermont for your ceremony.